I'm an avid reader. I love books, I love to read. With one minor caveat: I love to read books that don't require thinking, or learning.
Yes. I said it. I don't want to learn from books.
I want to enjoy them. Devour them. Escape in them.
There are several series that I faithfully follow and snatch up.
1. Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse - Dead & Gone is the latest book in paperback (#9 in the series). oh how I love these. Easy reading, fantastic characters, vampires, shape shifters, telepaths - it's incredible. It happens to be the series that HBO's True Blood is based on (though the show & the books are different). If you haven't read this series yet, get on it!
2. JR Ward's Black Daggar Brotherhood. Completely swoon-worthy! Ok, so yeah - it's also about vampires and their enemies (Lessers in this case). Don't let that keep you away from them. I promise, I'm not all that into sci-fi or the vampire thing. But these aren't to be missed!
3. JD Robb's "In Death" Series. Ok, my reading lists are making a liar out of me! Join Lieutenant Eve Dallas as she fights crime in the future. The character development in this series is incredible. There's love, mystery, murder, intrigue, celebrations, and all sorts of futuristic inventions. The series has been out for several years, so if you haven't read it, definitely start at the beginning (and check out your half price/used book store!)
4. The Women's Murder Club by James Patterson. I love the strong female leads, and the no-nonsense characters. The 9th book in the series was recently released.
5. Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. The lead is a pseudo-bounty hunter, and she's hysterical. I catch myself laughing out loud frequently! I catch myself trying to count how many of her cars have been blown up. The 17th book in the series was recently released.
Actually, I'll read anything Janet E. writes - she's just plain funny!
Those are my favorites. What about you?? Leave a comment and let me know what you like to read.