Thursday, February 2, 2012

Finally: Venice! Vino!

We had a leisurely day at sea following our port call in Sicily. And when I say "leisurely", I mean the only reason I got out of bed was to eat. I was that sick/exhausted. I slept off and on most of the day, while mom read on the balcony (we kept the door open so the soothing sounds of the sea made it a PERFECT day to stay in bed!).

The sea day also meant that our lovely cruise of the Mediterranean was quickly coming to an end. Our disembarkation port was Venice. Luckily we planned 2 extra nights there to explore.

I loved Venice. Loved it. Every stair, every bridge, every winding little alley and canal.

Before we got to the canals and the architecture, we took a tour over to Trieste (the mainland) to visit a winery and do a little wine tasting.





















Ok maybe it's more accurate to say we did a LOT of wine tasting.

The estate was amazing. It would be the perfect setting for a wedding - wait! There was one happening while we were visiting!























(yes people, when you're a bride-to-be, you're automatically wedding-obsessed. I'd just like to remind you that this took place LAST MAY. 2 months before I even became engaged. for the record.)

















wine.

























more wine.


























and more wine.



















have I mentioned yet just how PHENOMENAL the wine is in Italy? I don't care if you never drink wine at home - DRINK WINE IN ITALY. It must be a law somewhere.

I'll leave you with a few more pics from this amazing winery.













































































































































Vino. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment