Friday, December 17, 2010

Deck the Halls

Ready or not, Christmas is around the corner. My halls are all decked out - are yours?

I thought I'd share my tree and a few of my favorite ornaments with you.

Without further ado: VOILA! 

























I decided against any sort of garland this year. I just wasn't feeling it. This year the simple look worked for me. And normally garland is my FAVORITE. Guess I'm in a weird mood this year. Meh...oh well!

This gingerbread couple are my oldest and dearest ornaments. My mom buys ornaments for everyone each year. That's her thing. She got these for me in 1978.














This little longhorn and star ornament is also one that makes me smile when I hang it on the tree. I got it at Rodeo Houston - many, many fond memories!















I don't remember where or when I found this filigree heart, but it's one of four, and a favorite!















And then there are the pug ornaments. This one from Florida - where else do Christmas + golf = ornament?? I always picture the pug saying "WHEEEEE" like the little piggie.















And this one:




















Last, but certainly not least - my annual Starbucks ornament. They do a ceramic ornament of each red holiday cup - this is actually last year's. Yes, I'm addicted.





















And no post about my holiday decor would be complete without Black Santa. My mom collects these guys (the Santas that is), and wanted me to have one too. She bought it for me several years ago, not realizing that Santa was a chocolate man. And this was long before the BF and I shacked up. I get a good laugh when Santa comes out of his box each year.

























Ah Christmas. Ho. Ho. Ho.

Enjoy your new day!

1 comment:

  1. I love your tree, Allie! I'm crushing big time on that filigree heart. Gavin LOVED your Christmas card!! Before we opened it I told him it *might* have puppies on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete