Wednesday, May 16, 2012

About May...

May is going by as fast as April did. And since I haven't wanted to hash and rehash all the details of wedding planning with you, I haven't had much to share lately.

So I thought I'd share the reasons why I'm trying not to let my wedding vomit on you, too.

See, it's like this: I've had friends get married, and they prattled on and on about cake flavors, wedding favors, ribbon colors, bridesmaid dresses, invitations - you get the drift. I was over all of the details before she could say "wedding planning".

Photo courtesy of waystopropose.org


















And I really, really didn't want to be that bride.  I didn't want to obsess over every little detail, kill myself with DIY, and bore my friends who couldn't care less what the difference is between teal and aqua (sorry Amanda!!).


Photo courtesy of cecinewyork.com












My response when friends (and acquaintances) ask me how the wedding planning is going is to say "do you really want to know? or do you just want me to say 'fine'?" Right... they are going just fine.

But the truth is - I am that bride. I'm formally apologizing to each and every one of you that my wedding has vomited all over, and sincerely THANK YOU for feigning interest and not telling me to go away.

Photo courtesy of wwwericaluckedean.com


























The reality of planning a major party for 40 plus guests in another country is more than I bargained for. Yes, most of it is going well. No, there really isn't a whole lot I can use help with right now (thanks mom!). It's obsessing over the details while the clock ticks ever closer that drives me bananas.

Bananas






















I'm reassured by my married friends that it will all be ok, and that even when something goes wrong most people won't even notice. I'm going to hang my hat on this, ok?

On that note, I hear my semi-DIY invitations calling my name. Excuse me for another week or two...

enjoy your new day!


1 comment:

  1. AW!! Hang in there Allie!!! It REALLY REALLY REALLY will all be wonderful!!! If you need another ear.... I'm here!

    ReplyDelete