Sunday, March 27, 2011

Art in the Darndest Places

We took a tour over the weekend, and found some incredible art in the process. My camera was clickity-clacking, and I was inspired. That means I have to share them with you!

This stool really caught my eye. The modern design, the apple green color - it just POPPED!


























I loved these silver wire balls. I think a smaller version would look GREAT in our bedroom. Maybe hanging over the bay window area/seat.


















These light fixtures are so cool - looks like a cotton ball, right??



















I loved this mirror and the tile behind it!


























And this classic chandelier (love the juxtaposition between the concrete and the crystal!)
























And this super mod chandelier

























And I love this piece - "Win!" by Mel Boucher


























And these helmets



















And this lighting installation that looks like laces on a football




















What? what's that you say my super astute readers? You sense a theme here? Vaguely sports related?

Can't get nothing by you!!! smarty pants.

Yes, this is a tour of the (still new) Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. They are very proud of their art installations, and for good reasons. Check out the rest of it on their website: Cowboys Stadium Art

Now, I cannot and will not ever claim to be a Cowgirls fan. Or a Jerry Jones fan. But I'm a huge fan of the stadium. It's an incredible venue!!

Here are a few more pics:

Star in Miller Lite Club (where the Cowgirls take the field)



















On the field


















The ginormous end zone doors - these slide open for nice weather days



























And the roof - the lighter part is what opens



















and you *might* have heard about their video screen. the one that stretches from 20 yard line to 20 yard line? yeah. that one.


















Yeah! DCC (Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders) in the house!!! They were hosting a big cheer competition. I was excited to see them. Yes, I like DCC.

Ready to try out??


















Here's a great shot of the Ballpark in Arlington (where the Texas Rangers play)


















I'll leave you with my favorite shot of the day - the Tom Landry statue

























If you are in the DFW area, take the tour of the stadium. It's about an hour and a half walk, and you get to see a LOT of the stadium, including both the Cowgirls and the DCC locker room (we didn't get to see the DCC locker room this time, b/c they were there), field level suites, luxury suites, and so much more.

Enjoy your new day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment