Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thank You Captain Obvious

Just as I promised to bring you sarcasm, the opportunity presented itself.

I swear y'all, I can't make this stuff up.

We bought tickets waaay back in July to go to a major league baseball game for our local team. Now, I don't want to name names or anything, but they happen to have clinched the AL West Division Championship. So they've had a GREAT season. And I am really looking forward to going to the game.

I started hunting around for the tickets.
They aren't sitting out ON my desk. That would be much too easy!

I looked in my desk drawer where I store important things.
Passport, checks, stamps, return address labels - yup. No ticket envelope.

I looked in the kitchen drawer where I tend to store tickets.
A bunch of corks (for a project I envisioned, and still haven't undertaken), a pad of paper, pens, and other junk - yup. No ticket envelope.

I checked my accordian folder where I store my "To Be Paid" bills.
Tax documentations for donations, a couple of bills to be paid later in the month, yup. No ticket envelope.

Well crap.

I frantically search through my email, just hoping I saved the "Thank You For Your Order" e-mail. WHEW. it's there. Maybe I did the Print at Home option.

Hmmm, no link. Ok. I will call and play dumb.

Dialing...

They automated thingee answers, and I proceed to sit on hold.

For twenty minutes. WTH ("what the hell" for you amateurs)?

Hang up, try another number listed.

On hold again. For ten minutes. And then I hang up.

I check out the tickets website, and there's a link "contact us for customer service". FANTASTIC!

I fill out the form, indicated that I didn't get my ticket, and click submit.

No lie. This is what I get back:
Thank you for contacting us. We'll contact you in 48 hours. If your event is in less than 24 hours, please contact the venue directly.

I repeated myself : WTH?

There was another number on the website for the ballpark. I dialed that, and got a live person. YAY!

I explained the issue, and said I'd been holding for like 40 minutes (doesn't time just get exaggerated when you're on hold?!?!), and the game I was going to attend was tomorrow.

She said -

are you ready for this?

she said "well, they are busy."

I was stunned. I said "HOLY $HIT!.

You don't say Captain obvious."

Fortunately I said that inside my head...

but geez. GEEZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment