Saturday, July 31, 2010

Triple-D, Cowtown Style!

No, I'm not talking bra size. Pervs!! 

My honey and I went out for drinks last night in the West 7th area of Fort Worth, and ended up chatting with a really nice couple about local eateries. They asked us if we'd ever been to Fred's.

When we said no, they began RAVING about the burgers. And said we absolutely HAD to go. They said a lot more, and convinced us to give it a try.

My honey suggested we try Fred's for lunch today, and so we did.

Isn't my honey a cutie-patootie? (except for the Skankees hat - nobody is perfect!)


















PS - don't tell him I called him a cutie-patootie. He'll roll his eyes at me.
Again.

And me. Yes - those are stacks of buns we're sitting next to. 



















Now, Fred's isn't a fancy place.
In fact, one might call it a dive. 





















This picture illustrates one of my favorite things about Fort Worth - the diverse population. From the guy with the cowboy hat on the left, to the lovely ladies in the center, to the single guys over there in the booth. Many cowboys walked in while we were there as well - boots, hats, and spurs. 

My honey just chuckled...(he's such a city boy!)

When the food is good..the crowd will mix and mingle. They also had a band playing out on the patio - I could hear the fiddle and the bass outside.

This is the part of the story where I have to make a confession.

I sinned.
Big time.
In a humongous way.
In a hamburger and cheese fries way.

And OMG it was worth it.
I'll go to the gym again tomorrow. I promise.

Here, see for yourself


















1/4 pound burger
handcut fries
fresh cheese
and yes, that's a cup of ranch in the background.

take another look. 




feel free to drool a little. 


My honey had a cheeseburger and fries (see the theme here???)

















This place was seriously good!

















Oh, remember when I said it was a dive?

Guy Fieri featured it on Diners, Drive-in's and Dives a while back.
So you know it's good!



Fred's Texas Cafe
915 Currie St.
Fort Worth, TX 76107

Four thumbs up from us!

It's a new day! 

1 comment:

  1. Your honey is cute, I have never seen a pic of him. I bet he does stick out like a sore thumb with that Yankees hat on in a country place like that! :) Those burgers look DELISH!!!!

    ReplyDelete